How can I get a student visa ( F1 ) to the USA?
Most of the Students or Elderly people like to study in the USA. But unfortunately, they don’t have any idea about US student Visa process. They approach a consultant, the consultant will charge you minimum $1089 for Student Visa, and they are only filling your form according to the information you provide.USA student Visa process is not a Herculean task.
- Get Admission (Acceptance Letter ) from SEVP( Student and Exchange Visitor Program) approved institution /University/Collage
- Fill the Visa Application Form Online and get the Date for Visa Interview
- Attend the Visa Interview, and Get the Visa.
- Fly to the USA.
Getting a student Visa for the USA is very Simple Process !!
- Select some Universities/Colleges, who have SEVP approval.
- Study their Web site, especially their International Student Programs.
- Call them for more information.
- Send Emails
- Read Reviews about these Colleges.
Cost, scholarships, and financial aid
A college tuition fee isn’t the only amount you’ll pay for your studies, because housing, Food, and books are extra. But it’s still wise to find out tuition fee when considering college information.
- Tuition and Expenses – Tuition fee, Books, Housing, Food, Insurance.
- Do they Give part time Jobs inside the University/College? ( According to the US law a student cannot work outside the Campus)
- Scholarships – What are the criteria for Scholarship?
After you decide the College/University Send an Email to them (to the international student program )
1. Admissions Process in the USA
Admission Requirements differ according to Universities and colleges.
- Go to University/College website and fill International student application form online / or take the print out and fill on paper.
- Your high school transcripts.
- Proof of English proficiency- TOEFL / IELTS OR Alternatives (Please Check the University Website for the English proficiency score they are asking, Different Universities ask different score )
- Pay Application fee
- Current bank statement (Orginal ) showing sufficient funds for one year of study.
- A copy of your passport
Querier these Papers to University/College and send Email with Copy of these.Check your University website and confirm Admission Requirements before you queried.
When all of the materials have received to the university /College at their the International Student Programs office, If they Accept you they will issue a Form I-20 and other documents sent to you by querier.
That means you got the admission .!!!
2. F1 Visa Process
- Pay your $200 SEVIS fee online at www.fmjfee.com and print your receipt to bring with you to your interview
Take the Print out , Save in your computer also
- Make sure that you complete Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) before the interview for your U.S. student visa.
Personal details required to complete the DS-160 form include:
- Name and date of birth
- Address and phone number
- Passport details
- Details of travel plans, and travel companions
- Details of previous US travel
- Your point of contact in the US
- Family, work and education details
- Security, background and medical health information
- SEVIS ID and address of US school/program you intend to enroll in (as printed on I-20 or DS-2019 form)
- Recent Passport size Photo needs to upload.
3. Make an appointment at your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate, Prepare for your visa interview
- You should also make sure that you have the I-120 form, which is a form issued by colleges in the U.S.A. for affirming enrollment, and you should make sure to pay the I-901 fee online through the U.S. Immigration and Customs enforcement website. Save the receipt.Finally, make an appointment for a U.S.A. student visa interview through the VFS website. This will require you to have your DS-160 barcode number and your HDFC fee receipt.
What to bring to the U.S. student visa interview
When interviewing for your U.S.A. student visa, make sure not to arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your appointed time, and bring the following documents with you:
- Valid passport and previously issued passports
- Recent passport size photograph with a white background (50mm x 50mm)
- DS-160 application confirmation page with barcode and application ID number
- Printed copy of visa interview appointment letter
- HDFC visa application fee receipts
- SEVIS receipt and I-120
- Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended
- Proof of English proficiency- TOEFL / IELTS OR Alternatives
- Financial evidence -Bank statement that proves you have enough money to pay the fee and living expenses, Supporting Documents if any – Property docs,
Go to your interview to get your visa from the U.S. government, With your visa in hand, make flight and housing arrangements.
If you are denied a student visa, respectfully ask the consular official why the application was denied. Also, ask when you can reapply for a visa. Then, contact your education agent or College for the special letter. If the denial was based on a misunderstanding or on poor communication, you can give this letter to the consular officer during your second visa interview. Such a letter does not guarantee approval but will serve to clarify points of possible misunderstanding.
Write a Review